Summary: Meet problems when editing Sony HDR-CX440/B footage in iMovie 11? This article will shed you some light on how to convert Sony CX440/B footage to AIC MOV.
The Sony HDR-CX440/B HD Handycam, with 8GB Internal Memory features an Exmor R CMOS sensor and a wide-angle Carl Zeiss zoom lens with 30x optical zoom. The Sony HDR-CX440/B captures Full HD 1920*1080 video at 60p and 9.2MP still images to its 8GB of internal memory or to optional media cards. The Sony CX440/B records using XAVC S codec (up to 50 Mb/s) and features dual recording, which lets you simultaneously capture both high-quality AVCHD and web-optimized MP4 files.
You may have got the Sony HDR-CX440/B camera, recorded some full-HD footages in XAVC S format, and wanted to import the XAVC S recordings to iMovie 11 for editing. But you will encountered problems when importing Sony CX440/B XAVC S files to iMovie 11. Why the problems occur? Sony XAVC S is the latest high definition format introduced by Sony–is not supported by iMovie 11 so far. To import Sony HDR-CX440/B XAVC S videos to iMovie 11 for editing without issues, the best solution is to convert Sony CX440/B XAVC S to iMovie 11 supported format.
Since, Apple InterMediate Codec is the most compatible codec for iMovie 11, so if we want to edit Sony HDR-CX440/B XAVC S in iMovie 11, it is necessary to convert those already shot XAVC S files to AIC .mov using third-party software. Here, you can depend on Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review). With this best program, besides iMovie 11, it can also export DNxHD for Avid MC, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple ProRes for FCP and more for native editing.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to work with Sony HDR-CX440/B XAVC S videos in iMovie 11?
Step 1: Launch the HD Video Converter on your Mac, and then click the “Add video” button to import your XAVC S videos from Sony HDR-CX440/B directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get “iMovie and Final Cut Express>>Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)” as the best output format.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: Now, click “Convert” and let it go. The XAVC S to iMovie 11 Converter for Mac supports batch conversion. So if you have lots of XAVC S videos to convert, check “Shut down computer after conversion” and you can go away without keeping an eye on it.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click “Open” to get the output videos. Create a project and start Sony HDR-CX440/B editing XAVC S videos in iMovie 11 with light speed.
- Importing Canon T4i/650D h.264 footage in iMovie Mac
- Upload Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4K MXF to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook
- AVCHD to Avid Media Composer: Solve Avid won’t Import AVCHD
- Tutorial of Getting Panasonic GH4 4K Footage into iMovie
- Best way to import 1080p /720p MKV into Final Cut Pro (X) on Mac
- Convert 3D MTS Movies for Playback with SBS 3D MOV/MP4/MKV/AVI
- Why can’t Import PMW-300 MXF to FCP 6/7?