The reason that you can't edit G1X MOV videos in iMovie is canon G1X recorded videos are in MOV format, this format is not compatible well with iMovie and other editing software, iMovie best supported video format is Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV format, so if you want to edit G1X MOV video in iMovie smoothly, you’d better convert G1X MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie, you can follow the steps below to transcode G1X to iMovie AIC format, then you won't have any editing problems in iMovie.
1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, this Mac H.264 to AIC Codec Converter can help you convert G1X MOV to AIC codec for iMovie, more output formats are also supported, such as MKV/AVI/MP4/Apple ProRes, etc.
2. Run the professional Mac Canon MOV to iMovie Converter, import G1X MOV footages to this best AIC Converter for iMovie.
3. Click and choose the best output format, for editing G1X MOV in iMovie, you click and choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), it's the best format for iMovie and Final Cut Express.
4. You can click settings button to customize output parameters as you want, such as codec, resolution, etc. it's good to keep the parameters as original.
5. Edit function is available to use in this G1X MOV iMovie Converter; you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the Canon Powershot G1X MOV video.
6. Click "Convert" button to start, H.264 to AIC Converter will help you convert videos in a short time, and then you can import Canon G1X video to iMovie freely.
Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac is an all-in-one bluray ripper for Mac, Mac DVD Ripper, and Video Converter for Mac. can convert 1080p cameras/camcorders footages to editable HD video formats for non-linear editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Studio, Avid, Adobe Premiere etc. The HD footage can be compressed to SD video clips for storage when you wanna save storage space. The Mac iMedia Converter is also able to extract audios from Blu-ray discs, DVDs and videos for media players with high quality and fast conversion speed.
- Best 5 Video Converters for iMovie
- Import Sony RX10 II 4K XAVC S to iMovie for Editing
- Editing Phantom 4 4K with iMovie (iMovie 11 included)
- Solution for Importing Videos from Camera to iMovie (iMovie 11 Included)
- How to Save iMovie Project to Quicktime Movie?
- Convert and Import XviD/Divx to iMovie on Mac OS X (Including El Capitan)
- iMovie & M2TS Tutorial: import/convert M2TS to iMovie on Mac
- How to Edit Sony AZ1 1080/60p XAVC S in iMovie?