Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Frustration with iMovie and Canon G1X MOV transcoding
Canon PowerShot G1 X surprises the users with its ability to shoot spectacular 1080p full HD video with stereo sound that you can later watch on your HDTV or put to your computer to share with family and friends. In addition to be capable of shooting full HD 1080p video at 24 frames per second, the PowerShot G1 X digital camera can also shoot 720p HD video at 30 frames per second. The Full HD video, together with the professional level of images, makes the PowerShot G1 X the best choice for Canon lovers. The broght and compact camera seems the perfect one except the problem when you want to import Canon PowerShot G1 X 1080p MOV to iMovie on Mac for editing.
The reason that you can't edit G1X MOV videos in iMovie is canon G1X recorded videos are in MOV format, this format is not compatible well with iMovie and other editing software, iMovie best supported video format is Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV format, so if you want to edit G1X MOV video in iMovie smoothly, you’d better convert G1X MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie, you can follow the steps below to transcode G1X to iMovie AIC format, then you won't have any editing problems in iMovie.
1. Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, this Mac H.264 to AIC Codec Converter can help you convert G1X MOV to AIC codec for iMovie, more output formats are also supported, such as MKV/AVI/MP4/Apple ProRes, etc.
2. Run the professional Mac Canon MOV to iMovie Converter, import G1X MOV footages to this best AIC Converter for iMovie.
3. Click and choose the best output format, for editing G1X MOV in iMovie, you click and choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), it's the best format for iMovie and Final Cut Express.
4. You can click settings button to customize output parameters as you want, such as codec, resolution, etc. it's good to keep the parameters as original.
5. Edit function is available to use in this G1X MOV iMovie Converter; you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the Canon Powershot G1X MOV video.
6. Click "Convert" button to start, H.264 to AIC Converter will help you convert videos in a short time, and then you can import Canon G1X video to iMovie freely.
Canon Cameras/Camcorders Related:
Transfer H.264 MOV taken on Canon 5D Mark III to FCP X
Create a movie in iMovie from MOV files shot on a Canon Rebel T4i (650D)
Upload Canon EOS 600D (T3i) MOV videos to FCP
Insert Canon 550D (T2i).mov files to FCP
Burn Canon DSLR camera recorded MOV clips to a DVD disc
Encode Canon video to MP4 for viewing on Galaxy Note 10.1
Best workflow for Canon 1080i AVCHD on Windows or Mac
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is an all-in-one bluray ripper for Mac, Mac DVD Ripper, and Video Converter for Mac. can convert 1080p cameras/camcorders footages to editable HD video formats for non-linear editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Studio, Avid, Adobe Premiere etc. The HD footage can be compressed to SD video clips for storage when you wanna save storage space. The Mac iMedia Converter is also able to extract audios from Blu-ray discs, DVDs and videos for media players with high quality and fast conversion speed.