Summary: Do you have any good solutions to the problems of importing Phantom 3 4K video to Avid MC for nice editing? If not, why not be a good reader to follow the article below to know more details?
Hot search: AJA Cion 4K Video to Avid MC | Alpha 77 Mark II MTS to Avid MC | Nikon D750 MPEG-4/H.264 to Avid MC
Finally, a flying camera that packs years of experience in aerial imaging into one compact, easy to use system. With the Phantom 3 Professional, you’re shooting 4K video at up to 30 frames per second and capturing 12 megapixel photos that look crisper and cleaner than ever. A live HD view lets you truly experience flight and see everything from your camera in real time.
From the DJI Phantom 3 4K camera spec, I got to know it builds 4K videos in MOV wrapper. Generally, Avid Media Composer can support MOV format. But the problem is, the DJI Phantom 3 4K is encoded with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, which is a compressed format and not ideal for editing. Plus, Avid Media Composer like Avid MC 4/5/6/7 can’t support 4K video. To edit DJI Phantom 3 4K video in Avid MC flawlessly, an ultimate solution is to convert Phantom 3 4K video to DNxHD MOV for Avid.
Then what is the best video tool to deal with Phantom 3 4K video in Avid MC? I searched on the web and find an easy-to-use yet professional software called Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review), it is only straightforward 4K converter which offers the best way to help the users of Phantom 3 to edit 4K videos in Avid MC smoothly by effortlessly and flawlessly transcode 4K footage to DNxHD MOV. It is safe to install and easy to use.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to edit Phantom 3 4K video in Avid MC?
Step 1: Launch the HD Video Converter on your Mac, and then click the “Add video” button to import your 4K videos from Phantom 3 directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get “Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as output format.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: Now, click "Convert" and let it go. It supports batch conversion. So if you have lots of 4K videos to convert, check “Shut down computer after conversion” and you can go away without keeping an eye on it.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click “Open” to get the output videos. Create a project and start Phantom 3 editing 4K videos in Avid Media Composer with light speed.
- How do I make MKV files playing on my PS3?
- Best 4K Ultra HD Video Converter to Convert/Compress 4K Videos on PC or Mac
- Easiest solution to play MKV, AVI, VOB, WMV, Tivo, MPG, Flash videos on Sony Xperia Z2
- Convert TiVo Files for Playback on Android Tablet
- Free Play Sony Handycam AVCHD MTS videos on iPad Air
- How to Import Sony PXW-X70 Video Files into FCP X or iMovie?
- Convert Sony TD20 3D MTS to 3D SBS MKV/MP4 for Playing