Summary: Read on the article to find the easy solution how to import and edit Panasonic Lumix GH3 AVCHD MTS in FCP X with no issues.
Panasonic is trying to promote its brand new Lumix GH3 as "the first DSLM". That's "digital single lens mirrorless" for the uninitiated, thought it sounds - obviously and intentionally, no doubt - a lot like "DSLR" to us. Hardly a surprise then that it looks, feels and functions a lot like one too. GH3 features a 17.02MP Micro 4/3 Digital Live MOS sensor and a 4-CPU Venus Engine, which enable the GH3 to capture high resolution JPEG and RAW stills as well as intricately detailed HD video.
GH3 can record AVCHD video format.We like shooting and playing HD MTS videos at 60p, but we can't get an enjoyment on editing these 60p MTS footgaes in FCP X. To smoothly import Panasonic GH3 MTS to FCP X for further editing, you'd better transcode unsupported MTS or all AVCHD files to videos with a compatible Prores .mov format for FCP X before ingesting, thus you can directly bring GH3 AVCHD files to FCP without any plugin.
1. Free Download Pavtube MTS Converter for Mac. This software can convert Panasonic GH3 AVCHD MTS video to FCP friendly formats or other common formats.
2. Install and run this MTS to FCP Converter.
3. click format bar to choose output format for use in FCP X. click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov). it's the best format for FCP - to import Panasonic GH3 MTS to FCP X.
4. You can click "settings" button to adjust output parameters, such as resolution and bitrate.
5. Click convert button to start.
The Panasonic GH3 Mac MTS Converter will convert Panasonic MTS for iMovie quickly. After conversion, you can edit Panasonic GH3 MTS video in iMovie as you want.
You can also follow GH3 MTS to ProRes for Final Cut Pro conversion guide and learn how to import video files to FCP (X).
- Transcode Panasonic AVCHD 50/60p to ProRes for FCP
- Transfer AVCHD/AVCHD Lite to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro
- Change Panasonic HC-X900, HC-X900M 3D MTS to ProRes
- Convert Panasonic TM900 MTS videos to ProRes 422 for FCP
- Convert Panasonic G3 AVCHD 1080P MTS to FCP (X) on Mac
- Panasonic DMC-FZ200 and FCP(X) Workflow on Mac
- Transform Panasonic GH2 MTS to ProRes on Mac OS X Lion
- Make Panasonic LX7 compatible with Avid Media Composer
- Encode Panasonic HC-X800 1080 50p/60p AVCHD to Avid
- Convert Panasonic HC-X900, HC-X900M 3D MTS to AIC
- Upload Panasonic AVCHD videos to YouTube