Please look at the a format that listed all formats supported by Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5:
It clears shows that MP4 file codec compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 is just QuickTime Movie and XDCAM EX, while Phantom 3 Advanced recorded MP4 files with H.264 video (AVC) and AAC audio codecs used in Phantom camera is not supported. And Premiere Pro only support the QuickTime movie format. So you cannot import Phantom 3 Advanced MP4/MOV video into Adobe Premiere Pro for editing on Mac directly.
How to solve Phantom 3 video and Premiere Pro compatibility issue?
In order to edit GoPro videos perfectly with Adobe Premier Pro CC/CS6/CS5, you need a third-party video convert software to help you transcode Gopro MP4 clips into Adobe Premiere Pro friendly format. Below are two effective solutions for you. (read how to downscale Phantom 3 4K to 1080p/720p
Tool: Using Pavtube Video Converter for Mac (read review)
Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is highly recommended to you. This powerful Gopro video converter to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 can help you:
- Read Phantom 3 all drones like Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Professional etc.
- Effortlessly convert Phantom 3 video to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 certificated video format like MPEG-2, MOV or WMC without quality loss at fast speed.
- Make it possible to play or edit Phantom 3 with a wide variety of multimedia devices or applications apart from Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 like iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Wii, Zune, Xbox, Gphone, Samsung TV, Samsung mobiles, etc.
- Export Apple ProRes, AIC, DNxHD, which are compatible well with Final Cut Pro, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer and more NLE systems for you edit immediately.
- Personalize Phantom 3 Advanced video by cropping, trimming, splitting, merging, adding watermark or special effects, inserting subtitles, adjusting brightness or contrast, etc.
Download and get the best Phantom 3 Advanced videos to Premiere Pro converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
Follow the step-by-step guide, you can ingest Phantom 3 Advanced videos to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 for editing
Step 1. Creat a folder for saveing Phantom 3 videos
Launch Phantom 3 video converter on your Mac. Create a folder with the original Phantom 3 advanced video on your hard drive.
Step 2. Load Phantom 3 videos
Choose all the Phantom 3 videos in your folder, drag & drop or through File > "Add Video/Audio" button/"Add from folder" button to import source Phantom 3 advanced videos into the video converter interface.
Step 3. Choose proper output format Premiere Pro preferred
Click "Format" pull down list to select "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg)" as the best video format for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5. Another two specialized formats "WMC (VC-1) (*.wmv) and "MOV (AVC) (*.mov)"are the good choice as well.
Step 4. Set Advance Settings (Optional)
If you want to customize video and audio encoding settings to get the best quality you want, just click the "Settings" button to customize the output video/audio resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc.
Step 5. Start converting Phantom 3 videos to Premiere Pro
Click "Convert" button to start transcoding Phantom 3 videos to MPG/MOV/WMV for Adobe Premiere Pro. When the conversion task is finished, you can get the exported files by click the "Open" button for importing to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 to do further editing on Mac.
- DJI & NLEs: Edit DJI Phantom 4 4k videos in Premiere Pro CC
- How to Edit DJI Phantom 4 4K with Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum?
- How to Import BPAV Files to Premiere Pro?
- MKV&Premiere Pro – Open MKV videos in Premiere Pro
- How to Edit Phantom 3 Advanced videos with EDIUS 6/7/8?
- Play Phantom 4 4K videos on Samsung/LG/Sony TV