Video Recording Modes
2.7K: 2704 x1520p 24/25/30 (29.97)
FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30
HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60
Video: MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
Part 2. Can I Import Phantom 3 Standard MP4/MOV to FCP?
FCP supported format:
File Formats Supported by Final Cut Pro
- Video Formats: Apple Animation codec, Apple Intermediate codec, Apple ProRes(all versions), AVC-intra, AVCHD (including AVCCAM, AVCHD Lite, and NXCAM), DV (including DVCAM, DVCPRO, and DVCPRO50), DVCPRO HD, H.264, HDV, iFrame, Motion JPEG(OpenDML only), MPEG IMX(D-10), REDCODE RAW (R3D), Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, XAVC, XDCAM HD/EX/HD422, QuickTime formats.
- Audio Formats: AAC, AIFF, BWF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV
- Container format: 3GP, AVI, MP4, MXF, QuickTime
- Still-image formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, PSD, RAW, TGA, TIFF
Best Video/Audio Settings for Final Cut Pro
- Aspect Ratio: Native aspect ratio without letterboxing (examples: 4:3, 16:9)
- Resolution: You can choose different resolutions, all the way to 5K. The lowest resolution supported is 640 x 480. You cannot choose custom resolutions or aspect ratios. This is a huge negative.
- Frame Rate: The lowest frame rate possible is 23.976p, and the maximum is 60p. No 12 or 18 fps options.
- Audio Settings: Generally, audio only has 'Surround' or 'Stereo', and the maximum audio bit depth isn’t specified. Squence audio is always mixed using 32-bit floating-point values. Tips: Final Cut Pro allows you to directly import any audio file format compatible with QuickTime. However, only uncompressed file formats should be used for editing.
Well, Final Cut Pro might not work with some Phantom 3 Standard MP4 and MOV files sometimes due to the codec issue or other reasons. In that case, you might try to find a way to convert MP4 and MOV to Final Cut Pro compatible format like Apple ProRes. This article here shows the Phantom 3 Standard MP4 and MOV to Final Cut Pro Mac conversion in details.
Part 3. Solution for Import Phantom 3 Standard MP4/MOV to FCP 6/7/X
Firstly, download a professional application to do the MP4 to FCP conversion. The one used in the article—say, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac —is outstanding in the features of easy-to-use and fast conversion speed. It supports optimized preset for Final Cut Pro which can work for Final Cut Express, too. With this feature, if you have no idea which target format you should choose for Final Cut Pro, you can directly select FCP as output qirectly, then the output video can work well on FCP. (read this best HD video converter for Mac review)
Hot search :
- downscale Phantom 3 4K to 1080p/720p
- DJI Phantom 3 4K to 1080p
- DJI Phantom 3 4K Video to YouTube
- Phantom 3 4K Video to DNxHD MOV for DaVinci Resolve
- DJI Phantom 3 4K to Windows Movie Maker
- upload phantom 3 4k to youtube
- DJI Phantom 3 Professional 4K Video with Final Cut Pro X
- DJI Phantom 4 4K to Avid Media Composer
Part 4. Encode Phantom 3 Standard MP4/MOV to FCP 6/7/X friendly format
Download and buy the best FCP video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
The first thing you need to do is to open the application the load the necessary MP4 files onto it. You can do that either by using drag and drop or by accessing "File" -> "Load Files" and then add the desired files.
Step 2. Choose FCP compatible format
Go to "Format" bar and choose "Final Cut Pro Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format for Final Cut Pro X/7/6.
Note: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) have higher qualities. Apple ProRes 422 (LT) and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) have smaller sizes. You can choose according to your requirement.
Step 3. Downscale 4K to 1080p
Click the "Settings" button and customize proper video/audio parameters including Video size, bitrate and fame rate and more. In size box, input 1920x1080 so that you can successfully edit Sony PXW-FS5 video in FCP.
Tip: If you just want a certain clip of Phantom 3 Standard video, you can click "Edit selected task" button on the top menu. There, you can trim video footage.
Step 4. Start Phantom 3 Standard video to ProRes conversion
Click the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner to start transcoding Phantom 3 Standard MP4 or MOV video for FCP. After conversion, you can import converted video clips into Final Cut Pro X/7/6 to create the end results that you want.
If you did it as the steps, you will need to worry that you can't edit your Phantom 3 Standard video in FCP any more. Now, you can shoot as many videos as you want with the Phantom 3 Standard.
Important note: If you are also a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
Read Related Articles: